A delicious and very nutritious cookie that is satisfying as a snack, post-workout fuel, dessert etc. A definite winner in my books. You can feel great about munching on these nutritious- packed treats.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour (see notes)
- ½ coconut sugar
- ½ sunflower seeds
- ½ pumpkin seeds
- ½ unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut or almond butter
- 3-4 Tbsp. coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350, line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine oats, oat flour, sugar, seeds, coconut, flax, cinnamon, soda, salt and cornstarch.
- In another bowl, combine oil, milk, molasses, nut butter and honey.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients, stir to combine. Mix in chocolate chips and cranberries, until well combined.
- Form into small balls, pressing each ball between your palms to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-14mins, golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
The same goes for the ground flax seed. The bonus is you get a very clean coffee grinder as a result.
Recipe inspired greatly by "Made with Love" cookbook