Homemade dressings are always the best. Not only are they A LOT healthier for you, but they are so simple and quick to make.
I add all my ingredients to my blender, give it a good whirl and transfer to a mason jar to store in my fridge. I use my dressings on green salads, grain bowls, massaged into kale, as a dip for veggies etc. So versatile.
I have been using this Turmeric Tahini dressing lately for my yoga students attending my yoga/foodie retreats and the reviews have been stellar. I spoon the dressing in the bottom of a mason jar, fill it with greens, grains, veggies and seeds, and top with a little more dressing. A perfect make-ahead meal.
Make a big batch on the weekend to carry you through the week. No reason to have sad, tasteless salads. This dressing packs a flavour punch and is filled with nourishing ingredients.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot or ¼ of red onion
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, (zest optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce or a big pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- water to thin, as desired
- Place all ingredients in a blender or small food processor, blend until smooth and creamy. Add water till desired consistency is reached (See note). Taste and season as need be. Transfer to a glass mason jar and refrigerate till ready to use.
Feel free to toss in any fresh herbs. I love adding basil, cilantro or parsley, or a mix of them all.
Happy veggie eating!
This dressing is great drizzled on grilled sweet potato wedges and as a dip for asparagus spears.
Do you have a favourtie dressing?